Problems linking with VS2008 debug mode (Already defined errors)

From: Ashley McConnell <ashley_at_siroccoracing.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 12:00:47 +0100

Hi Folks,

I know this problem has been discussed in the past, but i *think* i've
checked everything that has been suggested and I still can't get curl to
link in debug mode.

- I have compiled curllib with CURL_STATICLIB defined and /MDd runtime
library set
- I have compiled my "main" exe using the same values (CURL_STATICLIB and
/MDd)

I get errors like so: -

Error 1 error LNK2005: _remove already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
Error 2 error LNK2005: __aligned_malloc already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
Error 3 error LNK2005: __aligned_free already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
Error 4 error LNK2005: __CrtSetCheckCount already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
Error 5 error LNK2005: __errno already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
Error 6 error LNK2005: __crt_debugger_hook already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll) libcmtd.lib
etc.

Any ideas what I could do to figure out where i've gone wrong?

Thanks for your help
All the best,
Ash