Re: Doubling download speed?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:36:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 May 2009, mail_at_sahneschuessel.com wrote:

> $curl = curl_init();

> The cURL info under php 4.3.11 is libcurl/7.12.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6g zlib/1.1.3.

1. That's using the PHP/CURL binding (which could explain something), and a
    version of it (the entire PHP version) that's over 4 years old

2. That's a libcurl version which is 29 releases old. Soon celebrating 5
    years! (and the OpenSSL version is similarly outdated)

> It might be that my question is totally stupid, but anyways: do you have an
> idea why this could happen? Many thanks!

No I don't, but unless you can show this with a plain libcurl example with a
recent libcurl, it's probably just an artifact we've already fixed.