Re: cmake in 7.19.5 and future

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:43:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:

>> I'd like to request a README.cmake file from you for inclusion in the next
>> and future releases.
>
> Alright. But I suggest to use another name since the ".cmake" extension is
> generally used for CMake scripts. "README_CMAKE", "README.cmake.txt", other?

Well, there's already a range of README files in lib/ following that pattern
so it would be weird to break it for this. Possibly the entire thing could
instead be made a separate section in the docs/INSTALL file instead.

> I didn't have much time these past days, but FYI, I'm currently configuring
> my brand new laptop. I'm not far from having a clean linux box to play with
> (I'm talking about cURL/Cmake of course).

Bill Hoffman (one of the cmake hackers) has also expressed his intentions to
help out on this, so it looks like we just might get decent cmake support in
time for 7.19.5!