Active Mode FTPS Data Port Range

From: Mr Ronny Liu <ronnyliu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

All,
   Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to specify the data port range for an active mode transfer when I specify --ftp-port (in binary) or CURLOPT_FTPPORT flags. I am using version 7.19.4 but cannot seem to figure it out. If this is not currently possible, what code should I look at to possibly implement it? I am looking for functionality similar to the Linux lftp binary "ftp:portrange".
   Also, is there a reason against specifying the port range? I would think this would help narrow the number of ports that a server would have to open through a firewall so would be a beneficial behavior.
   Please correct me if I am wrong about anything, I am still new to the nuances of the FTPS protocol. Thanks.
- Ronny