Re: libcurl: Hang/Crash due to CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT (probably in curl_easy_cleanup)

From: Sandeep Kale <sandeep.skale_at_patni.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:06:08 +0530

How exactly did you "simulate" this?

We have set the url and the port number to a non-existing server and
non-existing port. This generated the trace as below,

* About to connect() to 192.172.47.64 port 7878 (#0)
* Trying 3.142.47.64... * Connection refused
* couldn't connect to host
* Closing connection #0
* Couldn't connect to server

Due to this libcurl returned "CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT" and the server went
into a hang state.

Are you by any chance using libcurl multi-threaded without having the
OpenSSL mutex callbacks setup?

Yes, We are using it in a multi-threaded way , however we are creating a
separate curl handle and calling " curl = curl_easy_init(); " for every
thread separately. We did not use OpenSSL mutex callbacks.

Regards,
San.