Re: sukender: curl/src CMakeLists.txt,NONE,1.1

From: Sukender <suky0001_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 00:51:35 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Le Mon, 06 Apr 2009 23:40:59 +0200, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> a écrit:
> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:
>
>>> IMO, you simply *must* make sure to use the */Makefile.inc files to get the
>>> source files and header files
>
>> You're absolutely right. However that's not done yet because I had a few
>> problems integrating it. Be sure I'll do it as soon as I find how to do it!
>
> Ah, fine!

Yeeeepeeee! It now seems to work! I used an ugly workaround but it works. (Actually I generate a "Makefile.inc.cmake" using regexs...)

> A few other nits as of right now (I realize you may be aware of these and
> working on them, I just thought I'd mention them anyway in case you're not):

It's good to see people reporting errors/bugs/etc.

> 1. building 'curl' fails on Linux with two different problems:
>
> [ 29%] Building C object src/CMakeFiles/curl.dir/main.c.o
> In file included from /home/daniel/src/curl/lib/setup.h:40,
> from /home/daniel/src/curl/lib/strtoofft.h:26,
> from /home/daniel/src/curl/lib/curlx.h:41,
> from /home/daniel/src/curl/src/main.c:100:
> /home/daniel/src/curl/lib/config.h:371:1: warning: "HAVE_LIBZ" redefined
> Linking C executable curl
> CMakeFiles/curl.dir/curlutil.c.o: In function `cutil_tvnow':
> curlutil.c:(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `clock_gettime'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Sorry I don't see where it comes from. I really need my laptop to be delivered (will be my linux box). Maybe someone else?

> 2. Why are all object files named .c.o and not just .o as traditional?

Seems to be CMake job. I didn't set anything. I guess that's not an issue... ;) or is it?

> 3. How come the build goes further (and builds lib5* tools) when I run with
> 'make -j' ? Isn't the output files safe for parallell builds?
>
> / daniel

I don't understand all your sentence (what do you mean by lib5* tools?). However I guess -j is okay with CMake generated makefiles. Here again that may require a bit of investigation.

--
Sukender