Re: Potential ABI break for libcurl Sun Compiler users

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 22:01:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> Quit pretending that your project is the victim of others' unwillingness to
> help.

This project is the result of people's willingness to help. That is a fact.

I'm trying to figure out how to deal with your attacks and outbursts but
frankly so far I'm only seeing noise that won't go anywhere.

> I have spent too much time already explaining to you why you are breaking
> ABI, and what you could do not to break it.

Yes you repeat the same facts while we try to explain what the problems
were/are that we have tried to solve.

I'm not seeing that you're accepting those reasons or those problems. Thus, to
me, it seems you haven't understood what this discussion is about in our (mine
at least) camp.

You're also rude in every response and throw accusations and insults at us,
which might make us slightly less friendly in our responses. At least I know I
tend to react that way, even though I try not to.

> You refuse to accept the fact that you don't have to introduce this ABI
> breakage, and you are justifying your refusal with a bogus patch, which does
> not fix the problem you are trying to solve in the first place.

You have not yet provided a solution to the problem I've explained. Or if you
did I missed it and I'm sorry.