ssl options question

From: Tiberiu Motoc <tiberiu.motoc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:39:55 -0700

Hi,

I'm looking at the simplessl.c example, and there is something I don't
understand (please keep in mind that I have intermediate knowledge of
ssl concepts at best).

How many ways are there to set ssl options? In the examples that I
successfully ran, it was enough to provide the CA certificate (and
that is all): curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_CAINFO,"/home/..."). Why
is the simplessl example setting CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE and
CURLOPT_SSLKEYTYPE? Is this a different way of setting up an ssl
connection - by using the SSL certificate of the site and the key of
the SSL certificate?

Is there a browser (let's say Firefox) equivalent action for setting
up CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE and CURLOPT_SSLKEYTYPE? (For CURLOPT_CAINFO the
equivalent action is to add this file to the authorities list).

Thanks,
Tiberiu