RE: Build using CMake

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:36:54 -0700

Yang Tse wrote:

> > [...] working nmake makefiles which can be imported and converted to
> > project files by the IDE; then we document this and that's it.
>
> Which IDE? MSVC's? From which VS version?

I checked in MSDEV 2003 (Version 7.1), and yes, you can import an
existing nmake makefile to create a new project. But it is just a
"makefile project." It doesn't import any of the target files or build
properties into the IDE. That's fine if you just want to add libcurl to
an existing solution and you only need to tweak the settings in the
nmakefile.

For those (like me) who want to use the IDE to browse the libcurl source
code or debug libcurl, you would still use the libcurl project file in
the distro or build your own project.