Re: Build using CMake

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:16:32 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
>
>> 1. auto* tools for Linux (already)
>> 2. CMake for Windows (and Mac?)
>> 3. hand written nmake makefiles for VC as well?
>
> I say yes.
>
> While 2) could theoretically replace both 1) and 3) I think we need to
> maintain them until that point in the future has been reached and then
> and only then can we start to consider and discuss abandoning 1, 3 or both.

I'm a little surprised. You really think that's possible to use CMake
also for Linux? Don't take me wrong; having one build system for all
platforms would be great but I thought Linux users are so used to auto*
tools that would be hard to change build system on this platform.

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***