Re: Build using CMake

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:23:04 +0200

Hi,
Piotr Dobrogost schrieb:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> FYI, cmake supports MingW build tools suite.
>
> Ok. We don't want to use both CMake and MinGW, however. We would like to
> use only one of them or to be more precise either CMake or minGW+auto*
> tools. At least that's my impression. Does someone disagree?
Pierre described already a bit, but I try some more:
MinGW32 -> gcc + binutils (as, ld, etc.)
MSYS -> autotools based on MinGW32 (bash & auto* stuff)

both can be used totally independend:

you can compile with MinGW32 gcc without need for MSYS when you use
static makefiles such as those which we have currently in libcurl
project --> Makefile.m32

you can use MSYS standalone with other compilers, f.e. I used MSYS
already with a NetWare cross-gcc which runs on Win32 just to use the
auto-magic...

OT: you are the one who ows the curlpp project, right? Did I in the past
already send you a Makefile.m32 for curlpp? Cant recall if I did or not,
but I'm sure I did create such when somweone asked here....

Gün.