Re: Build using CMake

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:00:35 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:36:02AM +0300, tetetest tetetest wrote:
>> So, I personally would prefer to have one build system for all cases.
>> CMake is a good candidate: it has lots of features, it's free, it's
>> actively maintained, and it works on many platforms.
>
> But it doesn't work on cross-compiled platforms. That's a deal breaker
> right there. But maybe it's suitable to replace the Windows makefiles.

It supports cross compilation:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

Also auto* has to be kept anyway as it will be very hard to support
all platforms supported by the auto* tools suite. However CMake brings
a kind of sanity in the various specific platforms or environments
without having to manage 100 formats, it can generate sln, nmake's
makefiles, xcode project files, etc. So everyone should be happy,
almost :)

Cheers,

--
Pierre