Re: Build using CMake

From: tetetest tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:11:41 +0300

* Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> [Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:57:34 +0100
(CET)]:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Sukender wrote:
>
> > Once again I wans't properly clear... The current scripts are
> absolutely not
> > 100% functional, and yes, there is a ton of defines missing.
Moreover
> > wrote in scripts that it should generate a config header, but this
> hasn't
> > been done yet.
>
> Sorry, I didn't spot that. Without a config.h generated you can
> basically only
> build on Windows...

Guys, I propose to take the buildchain that already exists in CMake as
an example, and add the bells and whistles to it.

I have attached such a buildchain for curl-7.19.4 (just untar into an
existing curl sources tree). It builds static curl library for Windows,
Linux (several flavours), FreeBSD, OpenSolaris (SunStudio 12). OpenSSL
is detected and used if available on the system; I didn't test the other
crypto libraries. I also had no chance to check it on MacOS.

Note that there are no curl executables built (I don't need them for my
project), so there are no tests. In any case, I suppose that modifying
an existing buildchain is much easier than creating a brand-new one.

--
tetetest tetetest.