Re: Build using CMake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:39:39 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Sukender wrote:

>> Let me mention that we have support for 4-5 different SSL libraries. The
>> current file seems to assume only OpenSSL.
>
> Alright. I think I'll add SSL suport later then! :D Joking apart, Which ones
> are we supposed to support?

OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS are the ones that should be available for just about
all platforms. yassl uses the OpenSSL API and should be fairly easy. Qssl is
the 5th but only available for OS/400 and I suspect cmake won't even run on
that OS...

> Sorry, _USRDLL is for MSVC (or Win32?) only. It seems you get some trouble
> in creating a .lib without this define when you don't specify things like
> __declspec(export) / __declspec(import) in your code.

Uh, yes VC8 seems to use that.

> About your errors, it seems setup_once.h is included multiple times... But I
> can't figure out why/where. If you got more info, I'll be happy. Maybe
> putting a #ifndef __SETUP_ONCE into the setup_once.h could be an idea?

No that's not the reason. The cmake stuff doesn't generate even half of the
defines the current configure script does in lib/config.h and thus compiling
will be broken on all systems that need that. The first problem that by build
fails on is this:

#ifndef HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEVAL
struct timeval {
  long tv_sec;
  long tv_usec;
};
#endif

As I clearly don't get the define set, but my headers surely have struct
timeval declared.

I get 212 #defines in lib/config.h with configure, and grep -c says there are
another 100 commented #undefs potentially defined on other systems.

And please don't top-post.