Re: SFTP support in curl library.

From: Girish Kolari <girish.kolari_at_robosoftin.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 16:20:33 +0530

On 23-Mar-09, at 3:05 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

Thanks for the reply and support, I am adding a part of configure log
out put
..
checking for libssh2_channel_open_ex in -lssh2... yes
checking libssh2.h usability... yes
checking libssh2.h presence... yes
checking for libssh2.h... yes
..

   curl version: 7.19.3
   Host setup: powerpc-apple-darwin9.6.0
   Install prefix: /usr/local
   Compiler: gcc
   SSL support: enabled (OpenSSL)
   SSH support: enabled (libSSH2)
   zlib support: enabled
   krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)
   GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)
   SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)
   c-ares support: no (--enable-ares)
   ipv6 support: enabled
   IDN support: no (--with-libidn)
   Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes
   Built-in manual: enabled
   Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)
   SSPI support: no (--enable-sspi)
   ca cert bundle: no
   ca cert path: no
   LDAP support: enabled (OpenLDAP)
   LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)

I think it is able to detect libssh2 when I configure

No change in the result - curl command line tool built could detect
SFTP support(build process is detecting libssh), but library generated
in the process does not detect SFTP.

Please let me know is there some thing I am missing to get a curl
library with SFTP support.

Thanks for all effort.

Regards
Girish Kolari

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Girish Kolari wrote:
>
>>> Note that the name of the lib used for this is "libssh2".
>>
>> Sorry that I missed to mention that I had used libssh2 and as I
>> mentioned I could build curl command line tool could do SFTP, but
>> libcurl generated in the build process does not detect SFTP.
>
> configure is the script that checks for (a working) libssh2 and if
> it fails, it will create a setup without it, yes.
>
> Thus you need to figure out why configure fails to detect libssh2.
> Studying the config.log and the specific tests where it checks for
> libssh2 is a good first step.
>
> If you can make sense out of it, extract the libssh2-related parts
> from config.log and show us and we might be able to help.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.