Re: help

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:14:51 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Gopal_Haldar_at_mcafee.com wrote:

> We want to download a file from FTP server, proxy used is ISA 2006, and the
> proxy authentication used is NTLM.

> If Authentication is failed due to wrong user id. Curl is trying to connect
> more than 100 times to the FTP repository server using proxy.

If you told libcurl to use the proxy, libcurl will only access the proxy and
not the FTP server at all so I don't see how this is libcurl doing the
retries. libcurl should not retry bad authentication cases at all.

But the logs look curious - does the proxy somehow redirect the client to the
FTP site? Can you show us more detailed protocol logs from this? And do tell
us what libcurl version on what platform you're running.