Re: crash using libcurl 7.19 multi interface

From: Hendrik Schober <spamtrap_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:27:47 +0100

Hendrik Schober wrote:
> [...]
>> I actually recall others in the past that have claimed there are problems with
>> the way the threaded resolver works, but we haven't sorted anything like that
>> out. Of course one sensible test to do is to rebuild libcurl to use c-ares or
>> the synchronous resolver and see if that removes the crash.
>
> Thanks. I'll be trying to turn asynchronous resolving off then
> as the next step. I suppose it's explained somewhere in the dos.

(That last word should have been "docs". Sorry)

I haven't found anything how to turn this of, but I hacked
"setup.h" and the problem indeed seems to disappear with the
synchronous resolver. (No crash in dozens of tries.)
If anyone out there could tell me how to disable asynchronous
resolving I would change the build script to do this and then
I can close this bug on our end.

If I can do anything to provide you with more info regarding
the crash in the asynchronous resolver, please say so.

Schobi