Transfer Large files using FTP.

From: Ashish Soni <ashish_soni_at_persistent.co.in>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:27:58 +0530

Hi,

I have created an application in C++ to transfer files to a FTP server. I
tried it with up to 1 GB files and the application worked fine. But with 4GB
file it didn't work. My application sends the whole file in small chunks and
uses file handling function like fopen_s, ftell, fseek, fread etc. I ended
up concluding that to handle large files I will have to use function
_fseeki64, _ftelli64 etc and use __int64 instead of long data type but there
is not much help available about how to use these function. Also I could not
find replacement of function fread().

Is there any sample application which shows how to handle large files.

Any help is appreciated.

-Ashish

I am using libcurl's version 7.19.2 for FTP.