Re: Arch-specific curlbuild.h

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:43:39 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> Some options are:
>
> * port curl to use pkg-config instead of a curl-config binary

curl, or at least libcurl, already uses pkg-config in addition to curl-config

> * move curl-config to $libdir/curl/curl-config

But curl-config is a script, and nobody has a PATH that includes
$libdir/curl/curl-config, right?

The script would rather need to remain like now but get the data off
$libdir/curl/curl-config.

> * Somehow make curl-config multi-arch aware, perhaps by accepting a --prefix
> option. I'm not sure how to do this one

Me neither at this point in time, but then I don't know how you do it for
pkg-config either.

BTW, do you just build curl twice, one for each arch, and install those and
pkg-config then does the right thing? How does it know what arch you want info
for?