Re: how to use --proxy-negotiate, exactly?

From: Brian J. Murrell <brian_at_interlinx.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:16:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:02:21 +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Right. I think the logic that tries both versions should rather be moved
> into the Curl_input_negotiate() function and that could then avoid doing
> that fail output while "probing".

Yeah, I wondered that too, but it then becomes unclear to me whether this
continued distinction between Negotiate and GSS-Negotiate is needed
outside of Curl_input_negotiate() or whether we can isolate the need to
distinguish between them to Curl_input_negotiate() and collapse all uses
of "GSS-Negotiate" into "Negotiate" (i.e. string replace) outside of
Curl_input_negotiate().

> Well, if we exclude SPNEGO for a while (which isn't even certain to
> still be working afaik) and we do the try-both approach I think we're
> still functional with the current single bit.

Indeed.

> Are you up to provide an patch based on what we've discussed so far?

Sure, if you can clarify the above question for me. Is there really any
need to pass Curl_input_negotiate() anything other than a single
"Negotiate" value? In fact is there any need to pass it any value
anymore given that we are always going to try both to see which one is in
use?

b.