Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:44:38 +0100

Pierre Joye wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org> wrote:
>
>> I actually wrote new libcur's vc makefile after I had written new
>
> It would be easier to only change the perl files to use different
> names.

I'm going to stay mentally sane thus I'm not going to touch anything
perlish :)

Changing only names is easy but it's not my goal.
We shouldn't have to change anything; we should just provide build
config on the command line. That's what makefiles are for. I can't
believe OpenSSL being so popular has this kind of vc makefile.

> Writing new makefile for openssl can be dangerous.
Actually using the current one can be dangerous :)
The new one can only bring relief :)

Regards
Piotr Dobrogost