RE: CURLOPT_LOCALPORT option broken ?!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:06:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Senthil Raja Velu wrote:

> I tried configuring my system with ares support, but got the below error;
>
> checking whether to enable c-ares... yes configure: c-ares may not work
> properly with ipv6 checking that c-ares is good and recent enough... no
> configure: error: c-ares library defective or too old

I think you should focus on one thing at a time. If you want CURLOPT_LOCALPORT
corrected you should simply not alter the resolver but make sure we get the
CURLOPT_LOCALPORT working correctly first.

Then, building libcurl to use c-ares is a separate matter and to get that
working I suggest you tell us what c-ares version you're using but also that
you show us the full configure line and you extract the failing snippet from
config.log and see if you can understand why the test of your c-ares lib
fails.