Re: Build 64 bit libCURL on Mac OS X 10.5.x

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:16:04 +0100

2009/2/13, Daniel Johnson wrote:

> It would be easier and more maintainable to just incorporate framework
> building into the regular configure/Makefile process.
> [...]
> Apple includes a 4-way fat libcurl, but it's verison 7.16.3.
> [...]
> Anything configure checks that varies with
> bitness will break fat building. Otherwise, in order to build 4-way fat you
> would have to do two separate builds, one 32 and one 64, and combine them
> with /usr/bin/lipo.

Yep, I fear that something more 'automatic' would involve running
configure with different arguments and build subdirectories and
afterwards 'something' clever to merge the resulting headers. This
could get a a bit messy.

Probably it would be easier, at least as a first step to have
configure generate two 'universal binary' makefiles a 32-bit one and a
64-bit one.

But all this is certainly much more than what I was originally asking
for. Simply finding out which file references were missing from
lib/libcurl.framework.make

--
-=[Yang]=-