Re: Cookie not saved when "HTTP/1.1 303 See Other"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:29:26 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009, Pascal Beyeler wrote:

> HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
> Set-Cookie: LOGIN_INFO=4334dd13fe0f318dd79f8f15bb2ec75be3QgAAAAbV91c2VyX2lkX0FORF9zZXNzaW9uX251bWJlcl9tZDVzIAAAADY5OGU0YjU1YjY2NTYxMzczZDhlMDA3MjhjZjkyZTk0dAkAAABtX3VzZXJfaWRsAgAAAPcFlAB0FQAAAG1fYXV0aGVudGljYXRpb25fdHlwZXQIAAAAUEFTU1dPUkQw; path=/; domain=.youtube.com; expires=Mon, 11-Feb-2019 11:27:05 GMT; httponly

> Storing the cookies works without any problems for all other requests but in
> this case with a 303 code it doesn't store the cookies in the file.
>
> Does somebody have an idea why this happens? I'm using the latest version of
> libcurl (7.19.3) as a module in PHP (5.2.8). Is there a special flag which I
> have to set that it works or is it a bug?

I can't see any reason why this would occur, there's simply nothing in or
around cookies that would act differently on a 303 response compared to
others.

Can you show us a description on how to repeat this problem? If so, please try
to exclude PHP's involvement to eliminate the risk that it has anything to do
with this.