tracking changes over time

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:46:35 +0100 (CET)

Hey

I thought I'd share two things I did recently with you!

First, I went through the changelog hosted on the web site and marked all
bugfixes and changes properly and made sure it uses a consistent syntax. Then
I wrote up a script that parses the entire thing and spits out this web page:

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/releases.html

Those numbers made me able to do some interesting stats and numbers:

         http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2009/01/22/some-stats-on-curl-development/

And now more recently I've worked on putting together a list of symbols used
by libcurl and annotating the list with when the symbol was introduced, and
for those it apply: when they were deprecated and removed.

This list holds 278 symbols at the moment and was just now committed, visibile
online here:

         http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/libcurl/symbols-in-versions

As always, if you see flaws or just chances for improvements, let us know!

Enjoy!