Re: Curl and ODBC?????

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:45:12 +0100

"Tim Tassonis" <timtas_at_cubic.ch> wrote:

> The one downside you already mentioned: the missing standard URL syntax.
>
> My proposed syntax
> odbc://user:pass_at_dsn/table?columns?conditions?sorting
>
> seems logical and consistent to the existing URL syntaxes (at least to
> me...) and suitable for simple queries, but of course it isn't a standard.

I suggested (some years ago) to add user-defined (unknown) URL-schemes
in _curlrc. AFAICS curl could be the front-end (to the network part of the
protocol) and the actual ODBC thingy be done in an extension DLL (or an
Active-X). But then curl would no longer be cross-platform.

Come to think of it, I now want curl to handle MMS (MP3 downloads) and
Podcast. There's no set standard URL-schemes for these either.

--gv