Re: Curl and ODBC?????

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:28:02 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Tim Tassonis wrote:

>> So no, to me it doesn't make much sense.
>
> Well, in my opinion it makes as much sense as the ldap stuff, which is also
> a database access protocol. Which of course opens up the question how much
> sense the ldap stuff makes.....

I can only agree. If someone would come suggesting LDAP today I'd say the same
things about that. And for DICT too I think.

LDAP also suffers from being a rather "bad boy" in libcurl in that it has its
own transfer-loop and doesn't work fine with the multi interface etc. But LDAP
at least has a URL syntax already defined.

Still, I'm interested in hearing reasons and arguments why ODBC is a good
idea. Not how other protocols might also be bad... I'm prepared to turn around
and change my mind if I get good and proper arguments why I am wrong.