Re: SBUF_SIZE in ftp.c too small

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:53:38 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, Markus Moeller wrote:

> I wanted to use the GSSAPI auth option of ftp and noticed it doesn't work
> with Active Directory as Kerberos key distribution centre because the ticket
> is much bigger than 1024 bytes after base64 encoding. Can it be set to
> CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE.
>
> /* may still not be big enough for some krb5 tokens */
> #define SBUF_SIZE 1024

I think a 16K buffer is a tad bit much to use on the stack, so I would then
prefer some kind of allocated buffer for such a thing. The fact that
everything else works fine with 1K today hints that larger buffers are rarely
needed.

I wonder if perhaps the ->uploadbuffer struct member couldn't be re-used for
this purpose...