Re: Curl and ODBC?????

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:54:42 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, stevekbox-one_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does thing even make sense?

In general these things work out better if you instead ask for things that you
actually think does make sense!

I would claim that ODBC would be stretching libcurl way too much. Also, such a
functionality wouldn't use much of libcurl's existing code but would only
share entry point and the rest would need specific code. Not to mention that
I'm not a database guy myself so I know exactly nothing about odbc beyond from
what I can read on wikipedia.

I also failed to find a defined URI/URL syntax for odbc.

So no, to me it doesn't make much sense.