Re: Another patch, for a libtool bug when building on some hpux systems

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:36:35 -0500

2009/1/6 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009, A. Craig West wrote:
> aclocal.m4 is generated, so patching that file isn't really a good idea. Do
> you have any idea about what particular libtool version that has this issue
> fixed?
>
> I would rather try to upgrade my release-building host to such a libtool
> version and let that create a suitable aclocal.m4 than to start doing local
> patches like this...

I would have to search for it. I don't have any systems with the right
tools installed to generate that, I think there is usually a lot of
version dependence in the automake stuff. If you were going to update
it, there probably isn't much point in updating to anything other than
their most recent stable version, though.
I can't imagine this problem effects too many people, though. It takes
a particularly strange combination of compiler and system versions on
an HP-UXB.11 machine for it to show up...
-Craig