Re: CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION doesn't work?

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:37:16 -0500

2009/1/6 Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>:
> What libcurl version are you using? The heuristic used to determine HTTP
> version number changed in 7.19.1 so try the latest version if you aren't
> already. libcurl will always use HTTP/1.0 when doing CONNECT requests, but
> otherwise it should be using 1.1 when requested (as you are). Can you show
> a log of a full authentication session that shows the problem?

You just gave me the information I needed. I hacked the code to use
HTTP/1.1 in the CONNECT request, and everything works fine. Some of
the fields being sent are not in the HTTP 1.0 spec, and apparently the
https server that is being connected to is being pedantic. I can
submit a patch to make CONNECT honour that setting. It would probably
be good to also modify the automatic heuristics to upgrade the CONNECT
version if it is using any features from the 1.1 spec, as well
-Craig