Re: symlink to recent daily snapshot?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:10:22 -0800

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 01:00:24AM +0100, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Two other things regarding autobuilds:
> my SuSE hosts have named the default IPv6 entry in /etc/hosts ipv6-localhost
> instead of ip6-localhost as the testsuite assumes; do you have any idea how
> we probably can support both? I've seen a resolve call there, may this can be
> extended to test for both? I also tried to add the ip6-localhost, but now get
> another error:
> http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20081230210353-26217#prob1

ip6-localhost seems to be the standard name--why is SuSE doing something
different? I don't see how that could be the cause of a test 252 failure
since that test doesn't refer to ip6-localhost.

> the other thing is that it seems to me that something of the testsuite runs to
> early, probably buildconf? I've seen some ?*.m4 during cvs update, and I
> thought that any action should take place only in the copied build-dir, and
> not in the cvs tree? I could swear that I saw this directly after a fresh
> checkout, so impossible that I manually did a build inside the cvs tree;
> the build logs though seem to filter these things out....
> or is this all normal, and we must add these *.m4 files to .cvsignore?

testcurl does a buildconf early on in the source tree (it has to do
it there), which will create some local files, but they ought to be in
.cvsignore already. Maybe newer autotools create new files that need to
be added. Which ones are showing up?

>>> Dan