Re: NO_PROXY as an option for curl_easy_setopt

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:22:47 -0500

2008/12/24 A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>:
> Would it be possible to have an option added for curl_easy_setopt to
> specify the proxy exception list, like the NO_PROXY environment
> variable? It seems very awkward to me that this one setting is only
> available through the environment. For now, I am using putenv to set
> it, but it isn't really consistent with how libcurl normally is
> used...
> -Craig

Replying to myself is a bad habit... I was just reading over various
archives and manpages, and it occurs to me that I am not certain if
the NO_PROXY environment variable will even work if the proxy is set
up using the CURLOPT_PROXY. There seems to be an implication that
CURLOPT_PROXY disables all of the proxy environment variables, quite
possibly including NO_PROXY. If this is the case, it makes it even
more necessary to add some sort of CURLOPT_NOPROXY setting, as the
only alternative is to write my own code to parse the exception list,
which is duplicating functionality that the library already has...
-Craig