Re: Curl_getaddinfo_ex and conditionals mess

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 04:25:10 +0100

2008/12/11, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> > Please, verify if defining HAVE_GETADDRINFO and HAVE_GETNAMEINFO in
> setup-os400.h solves the issue.
>
> You're right! I used to define ASCII wrappers for those procedures, but
> never used them...
> I just committed some OS400 specific updates that makes libcurl
> compilable again on OS400.

Great, I've updated changelog for you ;-p

> But this problem seems to show that it is no longer possible to compile
> libcurl without ares for a system that supports IPv6 but not
> getaddrinfo()... It used to be !

Yep, it is true that a system with no getaddrinfo() will require
c-ares to be capable of doing IPv6. But...

Doing some CVS archeology it seems that for configure-capable systems
it has been this way for more than 7 years now. Look at acinclude.m4
revision 1.4 around line #100
http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/acinclude.m4?annotate=1.4 So, the
build regression will affect at most only non configure systems that
actually have a working getaddrinfo() and do not define
HAVE_GETADDRINFO in their config-xxx.h files.

--
-=[Yang]=-