Re: Re: IPv6 Support

From: Ben Combee <ben.combee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:36:06 -0500

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Phil Blundell <pb_at_reciva.com> wrote:
> "curl 3.x" doesn't seem like a reasonable curl version. If this is
> really your version then it must be very old: the current one is curl
> 7.19.x. Where are you finding this number?

I think the idea of curl 3.x is due to the numbering of the shared
library for libcurl. He probably has a libcurl.so.3.something file in
/usr/lib that he's linking with. Since that library interface number
doesn't advance as quickly as the libcurl version, it's easy to get
confused about what's in your distro.