RE: [BUG]Possible Bug? iphlpapi.dll causing libcurl(curllib) failto reslove domain name

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:54:25 -0800

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, Tomasen wrote:
>
> > After I remove iphlpapi.dll, my program with curlLib works fine. ~~~
> Why?
>
> I don't know. To me it sounds like that other lib provides some
> functions that
> messes up how libcurl works.

This sounds truly odd, as we have a Win32 application linked with a
static libcurl and the iphlpapi.dll library and have no issues with name
lookups. We only use the GetAdaptersInfo() function out of iphlpapi.

Are you linking against the proper Winsock2 library? (WS2_32.DLL in our
case). What functions in iphlpapi.dll are you using? If you are messing
around with (i.e. changing) the ARP, network interface, routing or IP
address environment, that may be the source of your problems.

GaryM