Re: CWD Definitive Help Please

From: Timothy Roughton <tjroughton_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:38:17 +1300

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 05:34:16PM +1300, Timothy Roughton wrote:
>> I'm stuck on step 1, no matter what I throw at libcurl it won't CWD and
>> won't list the new directory, could someone show me a clear example of a
>> persistent (constant just in case I used the wrong word) connection
>> changing Up and Down the directory structure, without having to
>> disconnect and log back in with the new path appended to the url.
>
> libcurl will keep the connection up as long as possible. Only if the server
> (or the app) closes the connection should it have to login again. Any simple
> ftp example program will show this. Try changing ftpget.c to call
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL...) and curl_easy_perform again after the
> first one and you'll see. If you're having specific problems with this,
> please show us some log output and your code.

Amazing how it is that one small detail leads to all the pennies
dropping, I had over complicated my understanding of curl and though I
had to manually CWD and so forth.

I was looking at it more on the lines of this opens, this closes, this
lists, when it molded into one.

Thanks for the help if I have any other problems I'll mail the list.