CWD Definitive Help Please

From: Timothy Roughton <tjroughton_at_clear.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:34:16 +1300

First an outline of what I'm trying to do.

1. FTP Access to browse by GUI interface the ftp site in question.
2. Get files from the FTP site and download them.

I'm using PureBasic, I can understand C & VB so if you have code
examples of this following problem I'd be grateful if you could post
them in those languages, if not I'll take anything I can get.

I'm stuck on step 1, no matter what I throw at libcurl it won't CWD and
won't list the new directory, could someone show me a clear example of a
persistent (constant just in case I used the wrong word) connection
changing Up and Down the directory structure, without having to
disconnect and log back in with the new path appended to the url.

I've seen a few people having problems in this area over my 24+ hours
trying to figure this out, the only solutions I've found is diconnecting
re-logging in with the CURLOPT_URL appended with the folder, this is
unacceptable I don't want to disconnect and reconnect for each folder, I
would like the connection to stay.

Anyway thanks for any help rendered.