Re: Cell (PS3) support?

From: Wei Weng <wweng_at_acedsl.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:32:24 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Jeff_Curley_at_playstation.sony.com wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried to use libCurl on the Cell platform?
>>
>> Is there any chance that support would be added for this platform or
>> suggestions for someone trying to get it to build on this platform?
>
> The ability to build and run libcurl is mostly limited by the availability of
> a ANSI C compiler and an OS with the sufficient support of TCP/IP and related
> subsystems.
>
> I'm convinced that any or all of the Linux versions that have been made to run
> on the PS3 already have (lib)curl working.

I would highly recommend you to check out openembedded project.

http://www.openembedded.org

It is a wonderful framework for building linux images/libraries with your
specific platform/distro in mind.

And a quick search in tinderbox (http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/)
reveals that curl (7.19.0) seems to be built successfully for quite a few
platforms.

Thanks
Wei