Re: Pragma: no-cache

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:10:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I've wondered why Pragma: no-cache is the default at all. IMHO, if the
> application wants specific caching behaviour, it can ask for it itself.
> Turning off caching can result in slower accesses, after all.

It was once upon the time put there among the default headers because I cloned
the behavior of a browser request. It has since simply been tagging along for
old times' sake. Perhaps the time has come to reconsider this and just ditch
that default request header...

I'm interested in thoughts and feedback on possible impacts a removal of this
could bring.