RE: FTP Upload problems with Multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:23:45 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Andreas Wurf wrote:

> I enclosed a dump of the hanging easy handle's Curl_one_easy struct with
> expanded easy_handle and easy_conn members:

> state CURLM_STATE_DOING CURLMstate

This pretty much just confirms that libcurl itself thinks it is in the 'DOING'
state which thus is during the command sequence setting up the upcoming
transfer.

> Here's the complete WireShark dump of the hanging channel:

> 226 Transfer complete.
> PASV
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (1.2.3.4,246,176).
> STOR file22
> 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file22
> PASV // <-- channel stuck here!

PASV is thus clearly sent away by libcurl. What is the server doing then?
Since it doesn't respond with anything, it certainly makes it look like a
server-side problem. Or am I missing something? libcurl should in this
situation just wait for the 227 response coming from the server - or timeout
after having waited the maximum amount of time (but I can't remember how long
that is right now).

I guess the ftp server logs never showed anything interesting for these
situations?