Re: OpenSSL API which build the chain from a peer certificate

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 13:40:54 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008, Aravinda babu wrote:

> Is there any OpenSSL API which will prepare the certificate chain from the
> peer certificate given as input ?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're asking for.

First, an OpenSSL API is not what libcurl provides but you should rather talk
to people in the openssl community or read their docs.

Then, a "certificate chain" is what you can get from a peer (when connected
with SSL/TLS) but not from just a certificate. If I've understood things
correct.