Re: Uninstall curl !!

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:19:04 -0600

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Piyush Soni <psoni6_at_mail.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. So what do I do now? I want to install 7.15.5, which
> seems to work with my xml-rpc library, and I *did* install 7.19.0 by doing
> configure, make and make install etc.
> Just search for all the files with *curl* in them and delete?

The cleanest way may be to re-run the configure, make and make install,
except that *this* time specify an installation directory prefix

     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/curl-7.19.0 .....

assuming that directory doesn't exist. Then, once it's installed, you have
a perfect reference for which files to delete... Just walk through the
/usr/local/curl-7.19.0 tree and delete the equivalent files from other
places in the filesystem.

Ralph Mitchell