UML diagram (was RE: SSL and basic authentication.)

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:01:40 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Wow, seeing that picture it certainly looks... complicated! A nice
start it is anyway.

> If we just get the image cleaned up slightly (any chance there's an
open tool we can use that generates such a picture?)

I do not know if there is a tool that can GENERATE an UML diagram from
the sources, but I can recommend "dia"
(http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/) as a GUI to edit it. In particular,
it features an UML symbol library, stores the design in an XML file and
can be used in command line mode to generate the corresponding png image
file.

Packages are available within most Linux distributions, and you can find
a M$ version at http://dia-installer.de/index_en.html.