Re: SSL and basic authentication.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:53:40 -0700

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 01:04:33PM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> In this spirit, it would be a big win if curl's INTERNALS paper would
> give a _rough_ overview of the used data structures. It don't need to
> be much. Just a couple of lines. Something like

I took a bit of time last year trying to create a UML diagram of the
various internal curl data structures. I eventually gave up after struggling
in vain to make sense of the complexity. I'm attaching an image of what
I did manage to pull together, which hopefully gives you something to start
from.

> But on a second glance, it looks to me like some code and data structures
> could use some refactoring to improve readability. Please don't get
> offended, I am not going to criticize. Chances are that it is hard for
> me to read because I am not familiar with the code and data structures. :-)

Agreed! But the current code base has stood the test of time in that it
not only works, but works (mostly) in the face of out of memory errors and
complex protocol scenarios. The existing test suite will help to give
confidence to any restructing that takes place and will hopefully help to
avoid any regressions.

>>> Dan

  • application/pdf attachment: stored