Re[2]: [Patch] Disable multi API support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:45:47 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Tetetest wrote:

> Daniel, please do not be so abrupt. If you are against the patch because it
> is not the best example of coding style - then it's one thing. But if you
> are against because the patch is "ideologically incorrect", things differ
> dramatically. So, which option do you choose? :)
>
> For me, the idea of debloating the library is very appealing. The patch
> itself may be suboptimal in terms of code clarity - but then, the patch is
> to be reworked, not rejected.

I may be abrupt and I may be a lot of other things too but I've repeatedly
said that I am _for_ this idea. I was just not fond of the exact way it was
done so yes it could very well be reworked and then accepted.

I expect that those who truly want something done in libcurl will continue
arguing for their sake and adjust their patches/changes so that they fit the
views of the core committers. If they then don't reappear then the entire idea
risks getting dropped.

And of course I'm listening to what you say and I can change my mind if
convincing arguments are being brought up. I actually think history has proven
that to be true.