Re: transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining with, Expect: 100-continue

From: Emanuel Norrbin <emanuel.norrbin_at_jitterbit.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:27:34 -0700

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 11:24:22PM -0700, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> /> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 06:28:14PM -0700, Emanuel Norrbin wrote: /
> /> > Any suggestions about how to go about debugging this? /
> /> /
> /> You could trace through /
> /> Curl_readwrite with a debugger and see what happens in this case. /
>
> An easier option might also be to use a network sniffer (like Wireshark)
> to look at the TCP frames on the wire to see if the server is actually
> sending the final chunk before closing the connection.

I tried this out using Wireshark but since the connection is https
(there is no other option) it's hard to tell what is really sent. When I
follow the TCP stream it looks like there is a big chunk of data sent
from the server (more than 5K) but the last TCP package that is sent is
from the client (it has the RST flag set). Before that the client sends
several packages with the Reset flag set which looks a bit odd. On a
successful transfer the last package is always sent from the server to
the client (with the FIN,ACK flags set). Does this mean that the client
is closing the connection? It could also mean that the server did not
send enough data? I can send you the capture if you think this may be a
problem with curl.

Unfortunately this is a bit hard to debug since you need to call a web
service with a user name/password which will return a session id and the
URL to post to. The session id is only valid of an hour or so and then
you need to log in again.

/Thanks
Emanuel