RE: Re-using easy handles in a multi interface loop with SFTP

From: Andreas Wurf <awurf_at_adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:49:15 +0100

Hi Daniel,

>>> Connection #0 seems to be dead!
>>
>> That's a hint that either the server actually closes the connection or that
>> libcurl's check is bad.
>
>I just tried it here, and I can get two subsequent files using SFTP from my
>local openssh 5.1p1 server without it closing down the connection in
>between...

This is a Ubuntu 7.0.1 box, I don't know what SFTP server version (IT has gone home already ;-)

I just tested with a Windows-based SFTP server and I saw, that connection-re-using is basically working. "basically", because each two or three transferred files, the connection "seems to be dead" (done by the server?) and because this problem is overlayed by another one (see thread "[libssh2] Problems with SFTP upload" on libssh2-devel) and I cannot say, if those two effects are related.

-Andreas