Re: Re-using easy handles in a multi interface loop with SFTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:28:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Andreas Wurf wrote:

> Just another question regarding SFTP: Transferring a bunch of files using
> the multi interface via FTP-protocol perfectly re-uses the existing easy
> handles (In this example, I only have one easy handle in my multi handle,
> though). If I just switch from FTP to SFTP, connection re-using seems to be
> gone.

> Any explanation? Suggestions? Am I missing something here?

It sounds like a bug to me... I did change the SFTP code in the 7.18.0 release
to support persistent connections as previously it always disconnected between
the transfers.

> Connection #0 seems to be dead!

That's a hint that either the server actually closes the connection or that
libcurl's check is bad.

What server software are you using?