RE: curl binary OK libcurl NOK

From: Robert Thorhuus <robert.thorhuus_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:47:51 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se
[mailto:curl-library-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Daniel Stenberg
Sent: den 17 oktober 2008 10:27
To: libcurl development
Subject: RE: curl binary OK libcurl NOK

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Robert Thorhuus wrote:

(Please try to not top-post, it hampers readbility.)

Hopefully this works?

> This is the verbose output from curl command:
> * About to connect() to proxy my.proxy.se port 8080 (#0)
> * Trying 153.88.253.11... connected
> * Connected to my.proxy.se (153.88.253.11) port 8080 (#0)
>
> As you can see I can connect via the curl command but not via the API.

> This is strange and my only guess is that the fault is in building the
libcurl.

Didn't you also build the curl binary? Or are you saying that you're
using curl from somewhere else and the libcurl build is the only one you
did yourself?

No I downloaded the pre-built binary from sunfreeware.org.

On what platform is this?

Platform Solaris 5.10

> What does 'curl -x my.proxy.se:8080 www.google.se' do API wise?
> Is it only:
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROXY, "my.proxy.se:8080");
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "www.google.se"); res =
> curl_easy_perform(curl); curl_easy_cleanup(curl);

Yes.

Well the curl tool does set a few other options as well (curl --libcurl
shows them all), but those are the only ones that matters to this case.

Mmm.. then the problem is most likely my environment.. too bad.
BR
Robert